Certificate III in Hairdressing
QUALIFICATION NAME + COSTS
Certificate III in Hairdressing
CAMPUSES AND STUDY MODE
Blended delivery, Part-Time
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course
- Minimum age requirement of 15
- We encourage you to attend an interview and tour of the academy prior to enrolment
Start any time in our flexible blended delivery option.
One day per week, 9am – 4:30pm
4-6 hours per week self-paced online studies
- This is a nationally recognized qualification SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Ask about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer options to reduce your study time and costs
- This course is taught in our flexible blended delivery option at our Brisbane campus and students will have access to learning materials online
This is what it’s all about
Accelerate your career by studying our bespoke hairdressing course which has been designed specifically for makeup artists in the creative industries but is suitable for everybody pursuing a career in the hairdressing industry.
With us, you will learn the fundamentals of hairdressing under the guidance of our industry expert trainers. We offer a flexible blended delivery option where we will focus on the practical skill development to meet industry standards.
We have structured the ideal hairdressing course to support all makeup artists wanting to extend their creative abilities, gain work in the Film & TV industry and to broaden their freelance opportunities.
We guarantee a maximum of 10 in any class ensuring quality training. You will develop skills to work not only as a hairdresser but as a hair artist.
This is what you get
- All in class learning materials and all consumables, no hidden costs
- Access to our online learning portal for all your digital learning resources
- Access to a huge library of online training videos featured by MHD
- AACM is affiliated with NAK, the leading Australian professional salon hair product range. You will have access to a broad range of NAK education resources
- A AACM uniform t-shirt
- On successful completion you will receive a statement of attainment and your nationally recognised qualification certificate
AACM will provide each student with an extensive and professionally equipped student resource kit with reputable industry brands.
The Certificate III in Hairdressing provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon. We have structured our course to align with freelance makeup artists wanting to expand their skills and knowledge with a qualification optimizing employability outcomes specifically in the Performances, Productions, Editorial and Film & Television industry. Choose your career and work as a …
- Hairdresser in a commercial salon
- Self employed hairdresser
- Editorial stylist
- Freelance stylist in the Performance, Film & Television industry
- Celebrity hairdresser
- Session stylist
- Special events artist
- Wig making
- Hairstyle artist
- Salon manager/ owner
The Certificate III in Hairdressing is a nationally recognized qualification, which is issued to students after successful completion of this course. The Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup is your ticket to an exciting career in the Hairdressing, Performances, Productions, Editorial and Film & Television industry. We want our expert training to be just the beginning of a very exciting career for each and every one of our students.
Here are just a few reasons why to study with us:
- Passionate and expert industry current trainers
- Study at your own pace and start any time with our flexible blended delivery option
- Exciting and innovative course, tailored to the Performances, Productions, Editorial and Film & Television industry
- Professional photo shoot featuring digital images of two creative editorial hairstyles to add to your portfolio of work
- 600 practical hours at the AACM professional training salon and on set work experience opportunities
- Strong networking opportunities within the AACM Alumni and industry network
- Strong connections into the Hairdressing, Performances, Productions, Editorial and Film & Television industry
- Small class sizes in a friendly supportive team environment
- Online learning portal to support your off-campus self studies
Start any time with our flexible blended delivery option. Theory elements of each unit will be completed online under the guidance of our expert trainers. Plan for 4-6 hours per week self-paced online studies. The AACM Hairdressing training salon will be open on set days each week for practical skills development and practical assessments. You will choose when you attend and how often. You must complete a minimum of 600 salon hours to meet the practical component of this course. The salon will also be open for block training sessions for those required to travel or have employment opportunities and commitments.
Through our AACM Alumni Community we provide ongoing opportunities for work experience, employment, networking and lifelong learning. We continue to mentor and support graduates, opening up our industry network, contacts and opportunities. AACM Alumni receive special offers on AACM courses and continue to receive discounts and benefits from our industry partners.
The Alumni Community is providing our graduates a platform to discuss techniques, share their experience, enhance their network, connect with members, publish news and to share job opportunities where available. AACM is regularly contacted for work experience and paid opportunities and we advertise these exclusively to our Alumni Community.
This is what you will learn
The Certificate III in Hairdressing includes 21 core subject areas ensuring all students have the skills and knowledge to operate in a commercial salon, with well developed sales, consultation and technical skills. We have carefully selected 7 electives to further broaden skill sets of those wanting to work in the creative industries of Performances, Productions, Editorial and Film & Television.
- Shampoo and basin services
- Creative cutting techniques
- Create finished hair designs
- Design and create haircut structures
- Colour and lighten hair
- Braid hair
- Continuity cuts and colours
- Advanced colouring techniques
- Classic long hair styling
- Script breakdowns and industry relevant knowledge
- Mens styling and grooming
- Applying hair extensions
- On set protocols, continuity and hair department know how
- Session styling and hair styling for special events, lighting and design
- Salon services and developing a client base
- Salon operations including sustainable practices, WHS, team communications and organisational requirements
To achieve the Certificate III in Hairdressing, a total of 28 units must be completed. These units have been selected in consultation with industry and in accordance with the Training Package rules of this qualification. Please note that we may alter the unit selection from time to time to meet industry expectations and stay with the pulse of time.
|SHBHBAS001||Provide shampoo and basin services|
|SHBHTRI001||Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions|
|SHBHIND001||Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas|
|BSBSUS201||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices|
|SHBHCLS002||Colour and lighten hair|
|SHBHCUT001||Design haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT002||Create one length or solid haircut structures|
|SHBHCLS003||Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments|
|SHBHCLS004||Neutralise unwanted colours and tones|
|SHBHCLS005||Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments|
|SHBHCUT003||Create graduated haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT004||Create layered haircut structures|
|SHBHREF002||Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments|
|SHBHDES003||Create finished hair designs|
|SHBHIND003||Develop and expand a client base|
|SHBXCCS001||Conduct salon financial transactions|
|SHBXCCS002||Provide salon services to clients|
|SHBXIND001||Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment|
|SHBXIND002||Communicate as part of a salon team|
|SHBXWHS001||Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices|
|SHBHCUT006||Create combined haircut structures|
|SHBHCUT007||Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures|
|SHBHDES004||Create classic long hair up-styles|
|SHBHCUT005||Cut hair using over-comb techniques|
|SHBHDES005||Select and apply hair extensions|
|SHBHCUT011||Design and maintain beards and moustaches|
|SHBHCUT012||Shave heads and faces|
|SHBXCCS004||Recommend products and services|
|SHBHIND002||Research and use hairdressing industry information|
|SIRRINV001||Receive and handle retail stock|
|SIRRMER001||Produce visual merchandise displays|
Your Payment Options
Study Loans is Australia’s first dedicated private student loan provider. They offer highly competitive rates, allowing you to borrow all or part of the course cost through a responsible funding method. You simply pay-as-you-go with simple terms & conditions.
Visit Study Loans today: Study Loans
The interest free payment option for you paying your course off while you are studying. After deducting your $1,500 enrolment deposit from the total course fees, you can opt to pay in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments.
Download our available options: AACM Payment Plan Options
If our Standard Payment Plan options are not suitable for you or you may not be eligible for Study Loans, we may be able to set you up with a Personalised Payment Plan (PPP). After deducting your $1,500 enrolment deposit from the course fees, you may be able to tailor your repayments flexibly to fit your personal circumstances and affordability. Your may set your own weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment amount, paying on an extended payment duration. Have in mind, that we won’t be releasing your picture portfolio, statement of attainment or qualification until your course is paid off.
Weekly, fortnightly and monthly minimum limits apply, please discuss this with us directly. To be able to offer you this flexibility, a additional surcharge of the course fees you want to defer through the Personalised Payment Plan (PPP) applies. A fair deal, following our vision to make education affordable and worthwhile. Please familiarise yourself with the PPP Terms & Conditions.
What our students and graduates say about us
Small class sizes and wonderful teachers who are very supportive with assessments and willing to spend time with us to perfect things. Already had job opportunities through this course… I feel like they really want us to succeed.
We have great teachers who are still working in the field that know updated information and are passionate about what they do and helping us along the way and make it fun! Doing this course is the best decision I ever made, coming here twice a week is the highlight of my week.
I moved from Perth (to Brisbane) just so I could specifically study at this school. I haven’t regretted any of it; I’ve gained some great friends and have had so many great opportunities so far, I can’t wait for the next ones.
Start any time
Start any time by diving into your online learning materials straight away. Learn at your own pace using our online learning management system on your mobile, tablet or desktop computer.
On-campus training salon days
Every Thursday of the week at our Brisbane campus.
Date 21th April
Date 21th April
Date 21th April
Date 21th April
Date 21th April
As a Registered Training Organisation under ASQA (RTO 31527), our certificate and diploma level courses are nationally recognized qualifications, which are issued to students after successful completion of a course. The programs are structured in line with National Training Packages, for more information about us and our courses please visit training.gov.au. For more information about our regulatory body, please visit ASQA.
Some short courses offered from time to time may not be recognized courses. Please visit the relevant course pages on our webpage to find our more or contact us to clarify.