Makeup Fundamentals Course
COURSE NAME + COSTS
SHBBMUP009 – Design and apply make-up
weekly payment plans available
CAMPUSES AND STUDY MODE
Study online, using our learning platform Canvas and AACM’s Virtual Classroom
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course
- Minimum age requirement of 15
- You can use your own makeup and equipment or purchase from one of our recommended suppliers
- You will require access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone with reliable internet connection
Start any time!
Study at your own pace from home
- Option to exit without assessments, receiving a certificate of participation.
- On successful completion of all assessments, you will receive a Statement of Attainment certificate
- This is a nationally recognised course covering the unit of competency SHBBMUP009 – Design and apply make-up
- This course is taught with all learning materials and resources online
This is what it’s all about
Makeup Fundamentals is AACM’s bespoke course for those wanting to master the foundations of makeup application through online learning. Our virtual classroom with live practical sessions and professional video content allows you to develop the skills and knowledge at your own pace. Pick the brains of your online trainer and get expert feedback in real time with ease in our limited class sizes.
You will learn a wide range of techniques including how to: perform makeup consultations, correctly analyse face shapes and features, identify skin types and contra-indications, cleansing and skin prep and understand the principles of colour. You’ll also be taught a variety of looks including day and evening makeup looks.
This is what you get
- Access to our online learning portal for all your digital learning resources
- Access to all learning instructions, makeup challenges, quizzes, videos and more
- Access to our live-streaming virtual classroom
- On successful completion of all assessments, you will receive a Statement of Attainment certificate for the nationally recognised unit of competency SHBBMUP002 – Design and apply make-up
If you chose to complete all assessments, a minimum of two (2) models are required for your makeup applications. If you chose to not complete assessments, we would recommend for you to practice your skills on friends or family members to gain a practical understanding of different face shapes, skin types etc.
Models can be family or friends, they are not required to be professional models.
Successful graduates from the Makeup Fundamentals short course can become
- Freelance makeup artist
- Makeup assistant
- Retail cosmetics makeup artist
The short course is taught by our highly skilled, industry respected trainers and will take your skills to that next level. Our trainers actually work in the makeup, beauty, fashion, editorial, film and television industry.
This is what you will learn
You will learn a wide range of techniques including how to: perform makeup consultations, correctly analyse face shapes and features, colour theory, as well as skin types and cleansing. You’ll also be taught a variety of evening makeup looks, including the classics like a smokey eye, winged eyeliner, and red lips. Day makeup looks cover nude tones and natural colours to softly enhance the features. We will cover the following topics:
- Face shapes and features
- Colour principles
- Skin type and condition
- Contraindications and how to deal with them
- WHS, Makeup health and hygiene
- Using suitable products
- Tools and equipment
- Client consultation
- Preparing the client
- Creating a makeup plan
- Lighting for your client
- Applying makeup
- Basic day makeup
- Evening makeup
- Red lip application
- Strip false eyelashes
- Individual eyelashes
- Cream contouring
- Facial cleansing
- Aftercare advice
- Makeup removal
Your Payment Options
The total course fees of $480 can be paid upfront either per bank transfer or credit card.
You will receive access to our online learning portal and all your learning materials as soon as your payment has been authorised.
Not wanting to pay upfront? Choose one of our AACM interest-free payment plans.
You will receive access to our online learning portal for all your digital learning resources and all your learning materials as soon as your first payment has been authorised.
- 4 weekly instalments of $120 each
- 8 weekly instalments of $60 each
What our students and graduates say about us
This course was recommended to me by industry contacts.
The trainers are really into it what they are doing, had lots of experience. Classes were really fun and engaging … This has been the most engaging and enjoyable course that I have done in a long time.
It’s the career path I want to follow, best school for special effects and makeup.
I wanted to study at AACM since I first found out about the college in 2013 and I’m finally in a place where I can.
As a Registered Training Organisation under ASQA (RTO 31527), our certificate and diploma level courses are nationally recognized qualifications, which are issued to students after successful completion of a course. The programs are structured in line with National Training Packages, for more information about us and our courses please visit training.gov.au. For more information about our regulatory body, please visit ASQA.
Some short courses offered from time to time may not be recognized courses. Please visit the relevant course pages on our webpage to find our more or contact us to clarify.