Why Study With Us?
To make specialised quality education for the Special Effects Makeup Industry affordable and worthwhile, supporting students and helping them get one step closer to their life’s purpose.
To become the leading education provider for the Special Effects Makeup Industry, providing first-class education services to our students. For our students, our mission is to discover their true potential and ability, providing our graduates with the right opportunities for successful career outcomes.
- Empower students, staff, and our partners. To motivate, coach and mentor.
- Share our experience, knowledge, and resources. To succeed as a team.
- Respect each other and each other’s work. To celebrate collaboration.
- Innovate through creativity and visionary thinking. To break boundaries.
The Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup is your ticket to an exciting career in the fashion, television, film and entertainment industry. We want our expert training to be just the beginning of a very exciting career for each and every one of our students.
Here are just a few reasons to study with us:
- Exclusive fashion, film and tv makeup courses designed to support your success in the industry
- Nationally recognised qualifications to meet the highest standards and industry requirements
- Educating specialist makeup artists for over 20 years
- Face-2-Face classes supported by online resources to ensure high quality delivery and support
- Small class sizes, we care about you and your experience
- Expert trainers and support staff who also work in the film and fashion industry
- Selected courses include professional photography shoots to create your individual portfolio
- Supported learning environment for every learner type
- Big Alumni and industry network for you to stay connected
- Ongoing assistance in finding work in the industry
- Work experience opportunities
I wish the course went for longer! I have had an amazing time meeting great people, had amazing opportunities and definitely made friends for life. The course content was great, I enjoyed all parts of the assessments. I will be keeping touch with AACM for future workshops, work and the people! I recommend people to do this course, I had the best time
My first job came through AACM and led to other future work. Working as a personal assistant on 2 feature films has given me the best look at how a makeup/hair department runs. It is stressful and sometimes overwhelming, but very rewarding and the most exciting aspect of my career so far. AACM helped give me the basic foundation of makeup as well as the confidence to work in an industry I always dreamed of but was scared to pursue. I enjoyed my time at AACM and would recommend them over any of the other schools out there teaching film makeup. They provide valuable teachers and guidance.
I moved from Perth (to Brisbane) just so I could specifically study at this school. I haven’t regretted any of it; I’ve gained some great friends and have had so many great opportunities so far, I can’t wait for the next ones.