Why Study With Us?
To make specialised quality education for the Special Effects Makeup Industry affordable and worthwhile, supporting students and helping them get one step closer to their life’s purpose.
To become the leading education provider for the Special Effects Makeup Industry, providing first-class education services to our students. For our students, our mission is to discover their true potential and ability, providing our graduates with the right opportunities for successful career outcomes.
- Empower students, staff, and our partners. To motivate, coach and mentor.
- Share our experience, knowledge, and resources. To succeed as a team.
- Respect each other and each other’s work. To celebrate collaboration.
- Innovate through creativity and visionary thinking. To break boundaries.
The Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup is your ticket to an exciting career in the fashion, television, film, entertainment, hairdressing and makeup industry. We want our expert training to be just the beginning of a very exciting career for each and every one of our students.
Here are just a few reasons to study with us:
- Exclusive fashion, film and tv makeup courses designed to support your success in the industry
- Highly specialised hairdressing courses enable you to enter the industry or advance your skills
- Nationally recognised qualifications to meet the highest standards and industry requirements
- Educating specialist makeup artists for over 20 years
- Face-2-Face classes supported by online resources to ensure high quality delivery and support
- Small class sizes, we care about you and your experience
- Expert trainers and support staff who also work in the film and fashion industry
- Selected courses include professional photography shoots to create your individual portfolio
- Supported learning environment for every learner type
- Big Alumni and industry network for you to stay connected
- Ongoing assistance in finding work in the industry
- Work experience opportunities
We like representing AACM graduate artists because we know they have the most current and up to date training, job readiness to start working on set immediately and possess proper industry on set etiquette and health and hygiene standards. AACM graduates are always professional with high skills to be working with high profile clients, elite industry artists and celebrity clientele.
The Queensland Medical Skills Council was so impressed by the realism and quality of the SFX injuries created by our AACM Graduates.
All feedback we receive from out clients have met AACM graduate artists is always positive and the delivery of creative briefs is above and beyond.
When contacted by young artists on the best place to study to learn makeup, we have no hesitations in recommending the Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup. AACM has become the leader in the Australian creative industry, in training some of Australia’s top artists and launching many young artist careers. Their passion to train students to a high calibre is proven in the industry with graduates gaining employment working with Emmy, Oscar and BAFTA Award Winning Artists.
My first job came through AACM and led to other future work. Working as a personal assistant on 2 feature films has given me the best look at how a makeup/hair department runs. It is stressful and sometimes overwhelming, but very rewarding and the most exciting aspect of my career so far. AACM helped give me the basic foundation of makeup as well as the confidence to work in an industry I always dreamed of but was scared to pursue. I enjoyed my time at AACM and would recommend them over any of the other schools out there teaching film makeup. They provide valuable teachers and guidance.
Small class sizes and wonderful teachers who are very supportive with assessments and willing to spend time with us to perfect things. Already had job opportunities through this course… I feel like they really want us to succeed.