Why Study With Us?
To make specialised quality education for the Special Effects Makeup Industry affordable and worthwhile, supporting students and helping them get one step closer to their life’s purpose.
To become the leading education provider for the Special Effects Makeup Industry, providing first-class education services to our students. For our students, our mission is to discover their true potential and ability, providing our graduates with the right opportunities for successful career outcomes.
- Empower students, staff, and our partners. To motivate, coach and mentor.
- Share our experience, knowledge, and resources. To succeed as a team.
- Respect each other and each other’s work. To celebrate collaboration.
- Innovate through creativity and visionary thinking. To break boundaries.
The Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup is your ticket to an exciting career in the fashion, television, film and entertainment industry. We want our expert training to be just the beginning of a very exciting career for each and every one of our students.
Here are just a few reasons to study with us:
- Exclusive fashion, film and tv makeup courses designed to support your success in the industry
- Nationally recognised qualifications to meet the highest standards and industry requirements
- Educating specialist makeup artists for over 20 years
- Face-2-Face classes supported by online resources to ensure high quality delivery and support
- Small class sizes, we care about you and your experience
- Expert trainers and support staff who also work in the film and fashion industry
- Selected courses include professional photography shoots to create your individual portfolio
- Supported learning environment for every learner type
- Big Alumni and industry network for you to stay connected
- Ongoing assistance in finding work in the industry
- Work experience opportunities
I personally liked the range of things that were taught. We were not just taught OH&S and basic makeup techniques like most schools offer, but we went into the background, on set education, script breakdowns, realism techniques and a more advanced level of prosthetics that wasn’t offered at other schools. I also got to learn from such highly regarded and experienced artists in the industry themselves.
The course taught such great behind the scenes knowledge of what goes on set. Without that you would be walking in blind without the crucial tools you need. Our teachers were able to give us so much information from personal experiences in their careers, which has been so beneficial; they are the best!
I am frequently recommending AACM to anyone serious about getting into the film makeup industry. I have always gotten such huge support from the school and teachers, from studying, to now; the support has always been there. You can’t get that from many schools!
My new job required me to do a tinting and waxing course and this is the one they suggested. The corse was very informative and I definitely recommend the course to others, it has been great!
The Diploma of Screen and Media covers a lot of the skills in the makeup industry. As I always knew I wanted to be a makeup artist, I never knew what path I wanteds to take. I’ve learnt so much from AACM and have discovered a lot of my creativity/skills that I did not know about as well as opened up heaps of opportunity. Amazing school, would recommend to everyone 🙂