Study while at school
Vocational Education and Training in schools
Vocational Education and Training (VET) is a learning pathway available for young people in senior secondary. VET provides students with the opportunity to engage in education and training which may lead to employment and/or further study.
Successful completion of VET provides students with nationally recognised qualifications that deliver the skills and knowledge required for specific industries and occupations.
How it works
You are a Queensland year 10, 11 or 12 school student wanting to study our exciting makeup courses while still at school? With VET you can!
VET is a government scheme that allows school students to study, while still at school, at Registered Training Organisations, like us. For set days a week you will study at the Australian Academy of Cinemagraphic Makeup instead of going to school.
Please contact us for more information and ask you school career advisor if this is an option for you.
The following courses are available to study under the VET School Program:
Plan your VET studies and QCE points using the QCE PLANNER. Search for “VETE Courses” and the course code such as “ SHB30416” as per the listing above.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) refers to education and training that focuses on delivering skills and knowledge required for specific industries. It is a learning option for young people in the senior phase of learning.
Participating in VET can:
- provide credit points towards the attainment of a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), and/or the attainment of a nationally recognised VET qualification.
- support young people’s transitions to employment, vocational and higher education pathways. Other benefits of participating in VET include:
- obtaining practical skills based experience.
- gaining familiarity on how workplaces operate.
- developing employability skills.
- developing and improving interpersonal skills.
- allowing students to explore the potential career path they would like to pursue.
For more information, visit Vocational Education and Training in schools
MEL: 03 8373 9411
BNE: 07 3891 5696
SYD: 02 9190 0481